Friday 14 August 2020

A life in twelve pictures

 






I’ll likely die baffled, but I’ve learnt a few things along the way:

Accept what you were

Accept what you are

Accept what you’ll be

And be grateful.

Enjoy life.





Baffled from an early age but pugnacious



First Communion


Here, most definitely grumpy. I’d convinced myself I was

wearing girls’ sandals. Probably was.








Here, the bleak visionary




Father Hill Junior High School for Boys


My first job. An iconic school and an iconic community.

It was a strange twist of fate that changed my life. I ‘failed’ the interview and the job went to a young lady who realised she other priorities, a baby was on the way.  A short and courteous phone call and I was on my way. So much fell into place after that. Every so often I think of that baby and thank him or her.



“I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now…”




My first Form. Their characters shine through. Some are unfortunately dead. Others will surely end up as grand old men terrorising nursing homes.




Seattle airport. Christmas 1981. Meeting Kathleen, my distant American cousin, for the first time. We’d only seen each other for a minute or two and already she was mocking me – pushing her imaginary glasses up her nose – a mannerism I didn’t know I had.


How I got to America, you can read here and here






Taking pictures of America. Camera white hot.





Swimming in the North Pacific on New Year’s Day – as one does.





Somewhere in New Mexico. Travelling America took its toll.






But America liberated me.  I came back with a new name and a new smile. It didn’t last long




Somewhere between 'Dark Fire' my ‘dirty’ book, published by Red Sage and my second book,
 Clay Cross.




Still trucking


Playing silly buggers with trees





Age gets us all. Time to grow a beard.




(OK Pedants, 14 pictures)





4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I love it! It's great to see a life in pictures.

Historians will think my life ended abruptly at 50. I pretty much stopped taking pictures after then. It's bad enough an old woman stares back at me in the mirror.

Mike Keyton said...

Here’s the deal, Maria we'll both see the other as 50 — though in my mind I’m still in my thirties and always will be — no smirking at the back of the class😅

Teagan W said...

Lovvely blog you have

Mike Keyton said...

Teagan, thank you. I appreciate the comment. Hope you have a grand New Year.